INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY LEADER
VP of Engineering • Tech Lead • Engineering Manager • Staff Engineer
Full Stack Management • Securitization Modeling • Development Environments
Trepp - VP of Engineering 2014-present
- Tech lead for 4 websites: trade.trepp.com, api.trepp.com, clo.trepp.com and apps.trepp.com.
- Built 4 new application development environments used by 20+ developers over 5+ years.
- Designed and developed Trepp’s first graphql-based api with more than 250 distinct objects and more than 4000 distinct fields.
- Designed and developed benchmarking software for CLO models and cashflows that led to 10% coverage improvement over 6 months.
- Planned and led efforts to migrate a large legacy angularjs codebase to React, realizing 70% completion in 6 months, 90% in one year.
- Led a team that rebuilt a C/C++ UI into a front-end web application in less than 6 months.
- Authored 1st software development policy for Trepp full-stack engineers.
Trepp - Senior Systems Analyst 2012-2014
- Led redesign of apps.trepp.com website, integrating a rich data-table and new style guide.
- Commenced efforts in Trepp’s 1st SPA: trade.trepp.com.
- Wrapped ~100K lines of code in .NET library sold to multiple Fortune 500 clients.
- Incorporated 1st vendor-supplied web analytics platform into largest revenue producing product.
- Developed bespoke real-time messaging system for live data updates on trade.trepp.com.
- Realized 50% average performance gains by profiling and optimizing 10+ year old legacy C library.
Trepp - Systems Analyst 2007-2012
- Reworked C-based CMBS cashflow engine software to support multithreading and 64bit environments.
- Developed automated snapshot and benchmarking testing software for cashflow engine verification. Continuously utilized to verify delivered software since 2012.
SAIC - Junior Software Engineer 2005-2007
- Developed solutions for strategic nuclear warfare software used by the US Air Force.
University of California, San Diego, CA2005
Master of Science, Computer Science
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT2002
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Frameworks/Platforms: node.js, apollo graphql, openapi, jest, mocha, cgi, react, angular, d3
Other: lambda, auth0, AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate, makefile, snyk, firebase, vim, linux, bash, git, jira, jenkins, webpack, docker, t-sql